[mrtg] Re: Cisco 3524 switch finding but not showing down ports?

Rene Wijninga rene.wijninga at wijninga.org
Fri Mar 9 00:15:24 MET 2001

Nick,

 If there is nothing connected to that particular port, the Cisco will
report it as line protocol down, which MrtG sees as speed 0, which makes
perfectely good sense, IMHO. Best is to connect something to all ports and
then do the configmaker trick, or copy the config from the connected ports
to the commented out ports.

Hope this helps.

 Rene