[mrtg] No graphing

Mariano Drzazga mad at citynet.net.ar
Fri Mar 9 17:39:59 MET 2001

Hi everybody,
This is my first message posted to the list.

I have a problem. I'm using MRTG to get some values from a text file witch
contains some values expressed as a counter type. So the values are
increased each 5 minutes. At this point I don't have any trouble.
The problem is that every night al 0:00 AM, the counters reset themselves to
the value 0 and start again. From this moment, the graphics go down to 0.

In the mrtg config file, I didn't put the option 'gauge' or 'absolute'
because I need to get the difference between the last value and the actual
value and divide this by 5 minutes.

In the log file, the values at the top are -1, wich are not correct, because
the txt file has another values to read.

Thanks in advance!

Drzazga, Mariano
Encargado Departamento Técnico
Citynet SA - Ciudad Internet