[mrtg] Re: oid's for Cisco and Sun servers

Vasudeva Venkateshaiah VVenkateshaiah at covigo.com
Fri Mar 9 22:06:05 MET 2001

Hi..

I got the Cisco MIB's and the SUN mibs form ucd-snmp. When I do the snmpget
and snmptable and snmpwalk commands on the equipments I need to monitor it
works just fine, with the mib names. When I include the OID's with the
community string i.e. the number notation, then I don't get any graph. The
graph is flat. This is for the Cisco routers.

For SUN servers, even the basic mrtg.cfg file output produces a flat graph.
For the snmp traffic to get to the monitoring server, it ahs to cross the
pix and I have all the conduits to allow the traffic, still it doesn't work.
The server which I want to monitor has a single NIC card with virtual
interfaces like zrl0, zrl0:1 ...etc. and with ip addresses say 172.30.0.1,
172.30.0.2, 172.30.0.3..etc. Is this a problem? Should I be able to monitor
traffic going out of all these subinterfaces separately ? Has anyone on the
list faced a problem like this? Any suggestions and comments , welcome.

Thanks
Vasudev.