[mrtg] can we monitor Windows 2000 Professional server with MRTG

Gopala Krishna Gudapati gkrishna at in-biz.net
Wed Mar 14 10:17:23 MET 2001

Hi All,

I had installed MRTG on my NT system. Basically I am using this tool for monitoring our leased lines.I am quite comfortable with this tool up to now. Right now I am facing a problem, when I tried this for a newly commissioned leased line (128Kbps).My customer was connected through a DSL modem to our network.

Therefore, I have given community string in a Windows 2000 Professional server (This was connected to DSL modem) at client end and the result is as follows...      Can any body help me out on this issue....

C:\mrtg-2.9.8beta\bin>perl cfgmaker abc at ccc.ccc.ccc.xyz --global "workDir: c:\camp" --output mrtgapp.cfg
--base: Get Device Info on abc at ccc.ccc.ccc.xyz
SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "ccc.ccc.ccc.xyz" [ccc.ccc.ccc.xyz].161)
                  community: "abc"
                 request ID: 1625399998
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s