[mrtg] Re: Interface reference

Low Lay Hua layhua at staff.singnet.com.sg
Wed Mar 14 10:56:44 MET 2001

Hi,

There is a mixture of interface type like atm, serial, ethernet on my
router.
I would like to auto generate cfg based on router-serial.cfg or
router-ethernet.cfg etc...

I think I might need to modify the cfgmaker, but have anyone done it?

Appreciate u could share it with me..

> I like using ifDescr (Serial1, Ethernet0, etc).  Even if the interface
> number changes, the name (usually) doesn't.  Also I find it a little easier
> when looking through pages and pages of mrtg output file listings to find
> the one named [router]-[interface].html.
>
> JMO
>
> -gr

Many thanks.

Low Lay Hua				Tel: 65 4719828
Network Operation Centre 		Fax: 65 4753273
Singapore Telecom			layhua at singnet.com.sg

PGP Public Key:         http://corporate.singnet.com.sg/layhua/PGP
Key fingerprint =  90 58 94 77 BE FC 28 D1  5B 48 18 B1 69 73 06 D1