[mrtg] Re: Configuration of Alcatel Osr and Omni Switch??????????????

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Wed Mar 21 18:47:22 MET 2001

"Palmtag, Robin" wrote:
> I have just switched my entire WAN cloud to Alcatel from Cisco gear.   I'm
> having trouble getting statistics out of the Alcatel gear.  Any Tips..

For starters, make sure your snmp service is enabled on the
Alcaltel gear with the 'snmpc' command.  If so, then check
'snmps' to make sure the switch is collecting snmp stats on
itself.  If so, use 'snmpwalk x.x.x.x community' (linux/unix) or
'getif' (windows) to pull snmp stats from the switches to a
workstation.

If you get to the last step and you're still having problems,
come back to the list.  =)

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-3893