[mrtg] Re: Decimals from monitoring script

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Mar 28 22:27:35 MEST 2001

Henrik,

MRTG only does integers, therefore other than multiplying the value by
10 or 100, you'll never get the number you are looking for.  You may be
able to play with the kMG option to get the correct display.  Switch to
RRDTool to get not only decimals, but also negative numbers as well!

Paul

>>> Henrik Larsson <henrik at larsson.net> 03/28/01 03:13PM >>>

Hello,

I am trying to monitor a special temperature device with help of MRTG. I
have programmed my own little script which perform this, but MRTG doesn'ta
 ccept the values that are given from my script.

My script reports the temperature with one decimal like "0.3". I have madea
  workaround with negative numbers, so that is allready fixed.

Can I in some way get MRTG to be nice to numbers with one decimal or do In
 eed to do some kind of multiplication in my script (like X * 10) too foolM
 RTG and then divide the result with some config parameter (like X / 10) inm
 rtg.cfg so I get the correct result in my graph in the end. But it seemsl
 ike it isn't possible to divide in MRTG...just do multiplication...

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Henrik Larsson
henrik at larsson.net