[mrtg] 14all.cgi and Include files?

OMAR ABAS 82-9333 1997 abas.omar at abc.net.au
Fri Mar 30 02:23:05 MEST 2001

Hi,

Im running mrtg, 14all.cgi and rrd-tool on NT to monitor the network.

there are a few hundred devices. Previously i used MRTG on its own without
rrdtool and 14all.cgi. To combat massive disk thrashing and most likely a crash,
I used Include files for each specific site. Each include file contained 20-30
devices. This kept the memory utilisation down to a minimum as each instance of
Perl (each device) takes approximately 8MB of memory space to run(!) if Include
files aren't used. Hence 20-30 devices were being monitored under the one
Perl.exe.

With this new implementation, I CANNOT use include files because of a limitation
in one of the components (most likely 14all.cgi). How can i overcome this
problem? 400 devices * 8MB doesnt look good.

any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
omar