[mrtg] Re: Link speed

Murat BALCI ( Tansas - Bilisim Teknolojileri ) Murat.Balci at tansas.com.tr
Tue May 1 07:49:43 MEST 2001

Easiest way to test the maximum speed is to send big ping
packets to the other side of the link. You can do this at windows by

ping -t remote.interface.ip.address -l 7000

The value of 7000 might be something different, but the clue
is it must be bigger than the line speed (in bytes).

 Meanwhile you must observe the in/out speeds at router side.
 If you are using CISCO it would be nice if you decrease the
"load-interval" value to 30

 Sincerely.
 b.