[mrtg] Mathematically Derived Data

Kerry Kincaid. kincaid at meer.net
Tue May 1 15:20:57 MEST 2001

I want to perform math on a few OID's but the documentation does not provide
an example for what I want to do.

FirstOID - SecondOID = First Graphed data

ThirdOID - FourthOID = Second graphed data

A sample config file line of how I would try to do this is

Target[xyz]: OID.1.1.1 - OID.2.2.2&OID.3.3.3 -
OID.4.4.4:public at 999.888.777.666

This however produces a series of error messages concerning "operator or
semicolon missing" and "ambiguous use of &".  Is there another way to
perform mathematical operations like this without an external script.  If
not, does someone have a script written for WSH or in VBScript that performs
a similar operation?

Kerry