[mrtg] Re: Spikes in MRTG graphs and logs...

Kerry Kincaid. kincaid at meer.net
Thu May 3 17:04:03 MEST 2001

I started getting these enourmous spikes also when I upgraded to MRTG 2.9.10
on NT.  I started running 2.8.12 MRTG parallel to confirm if it was MRTG or
bad data.  Still waiting to see the results.  As for your MaxBytes, I just
want to mention that this won't work for me since I do want to graph the
speed against the actual MaxBytes for the Interface.  If it is a 10 Mbps
interface that is what I want to graph against so I can see accurate
percentages.  Using a smaller number to avoid seeing spikes would provide
accurate data.  If the spikes are real, fine but if not I'd rather see it
fixed.

Kerry