[mrtg] Re: Problem with daemon

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Thu May 10 10:47:55 MEST 2001

Hi Steve and other Windows users,

I have created a Daemon that could be very useful for you.

> Current features are:
*	No more annoying DOS boxes popping up to the front of the screen.
> *	Option to totally hide the DOS box or have it minimised on the
> taskbar.
> *	Visible timer, if you minimise the daemon to the taskbar the timer
> is displayed next to the icon.
> *	Enables you to add, change or delete your MRTG scripts without
> having to end the Perl task as with other daemons.
> *	Set polling intervals from 5 minutes to 60 minutes.
*	Have the option of minimising the daemon to the taskbar or hiding it
altogether (accessible via the system tray).

All you need to do is remove the 'RunAsDaemon:' option in your config,
create a batch file to execute the "perl  mrtg  mrtg.cfg" command, point the
daemon to the batch file and set your polling time.

The program is available now, if you want to use it please reply.

The program size is just under 3mb (self extracting RAR file)

Dave

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.