[mrtg] Re: MRTG + VOIP

Daniel J McDonald dmcdonald at digicontech.com
Thu May 10 15:07:30 MEST 2001

>Anyone currently involved with *anything* to
>do with MRTG and Voice Over IP ?

Actually, I'm doing quite a lot...
I'm gathering accounting, using radius and mysql.  For a while I was tossing
that into MRTG, but the results were less than stellar...  The cgi pages I
generate gave more information, and more accurate.
I'm gathering pots interface utilization using MRTG and the DIAL-CONTROL-MIB
I'm gathering active call information using SNMP_utils.pm and the
DIAL-CONTROL-MIB.

And, I'm having fun doing it :)

Still on my to-do list:
Fix my Active Call information grabber to use snmpgetbulk.
Bandwidth utilization of VOIP calls.
Graph of Active Calls in progress.
Dynamic map of calls in progress.

What are you interested in seeing?  This is what I do when I have "bench
time", so I'm open to more ideas...