[mrtg] Re: Way to give alerts

Gabriel Lorenzo needle at arrakis.es
Fri May 11 12:27:52 MEST 2001

Hi there.
Why dont you try Bigbrother  http://www.bb4.com
and use the bbmrtg.sh script at:
ftp://ftp.deadcat.net/pub/BB/ext/bbmrtg.sh

With this script you can query the log files from MRTG and check for
example, for levels of bandwith which you can pre-define. and send an alert

to Bigbrother, who will notify you through(sms, mail..) when it reach a
limit.
 I cant tell you that it works 100%, but Im sure for what I read in the
lists, that many people are
using it.
Im trying the same (no time, yet)

            If anyone has a link about this with hints about the
instalation, please post it.

    Gabriel.