[mrtg] Re: Not getting monthly and annual graphs (RRD question)

Dan Colquhoun dcolquho at opentext.com
Mon May 14 18:13:16 MEST 2001

Can you please explain how I'm storing only 6 days worth of data in
half-hour intervals?  I think this is what I'm not understanding.  If I have
336 half-hour average sample points, that's 168 hours total, which is 7
days.  How do you get 6?  In the tutorial it says "the most recent data will
be near "now" and therefore we will need to keep more data than MRTG does."
This (and the preceding explanation in the tutorial) doesn't quite make
sense to me, and I suspect is the cause of my difference.

Also, how can I make sure the correct RRA is being used for each graph?
Right now I have my monthly graph using daily average values as opposed to
the half hour values I want it to use.