[mrtg] Re: MRTG monitoring a switch: Can I label by IP?

Hewett, Nigel Nigel.Hewett at compaq.com
Fri May 18 15:39:34 MEST 2001

where do i get the snmp lib?

Nigel

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Bartkus [mailto:patrckb at hotmail.com]
Sent: 18 May 2001 12:54
To: preston at interactiveink.com; mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: MRTG monitoring a switch: Can I label by IP?

Preston Wilson wrote:

>Hello -
>
>I have three Cisco switches, and I've set up MRTG to monitor the
>traffic through each port.  I've searched the Web and USENET, and
>I've looked through the MRTG documentation, but there isn't much info
>on switches that I've been able to find.
>
>Does anyone here know if it's possible to find out, using SNMP, the
>IP address of the machine connected to a specific port on a switch?

Preston,

Last September Tobi wrote:

tobi>Folks,
tobi>
tobi>any of you using switches? I wrote a little script to discover
tobi>which computer runs off which switch port ...
tobi>
tobi>you can get it from ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/cammer
tobi>
tobi>it needs simon leinens snmp lib. The easiest thing to get it to
tobi>work is dropping it into mrtgs bin directory
tobi>
tobi>tobi

Try it, you'll like it...
Thanks, Tobi!

Patrick
---
Patrick Bartkus, CCNP Certified	Sr. Network Support Analyst
Fleet Mortgage (soon to be Wash. Mutual)    Columbia, SC
If truth was not absolute, how could there be justice?