[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Gigabit Ethernet ports...

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Tue May 22 18:47:22 MEST 2001

>From http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/snmp_faq.html#7
Q: Which Version of SNMP Is Required to Query 64-bit Counters?

 A. SNMPv2C or SNMPv3 is required to query 64-bit counters. SNMPv1 does not
support 64-bit counters. Be aware that "ifInOctets  = .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10" is
a 32-bit counter while the 64-bit version is "ifHCInOctets =
.1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6".

/Lars