[mrtg] UDP Ports

TekDaag tekdaag at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 20:15:19 MEST 2001

Hi, I am trying to filter UDP ports on a Windows 2000 server and every time
I apply the filtering it seems to kill MRTG, specifically I think it is
stopping SNMP from working. I am allowing ports 161 and 162, but still not
getting the charts to update. The scheduler is running, I can run the batch
files manually and the MRTG graphs update for the local machine but not for
any other machines, routers or switches.

Am I missing another port? Don't all the devices use SNMP on the same ports?

I would appreciate any help anyone could give - I am knowledgeable enough to
install and configure basic MRTG configurations, we have been using it for
over a year, but this one has me stumped

Thanks!