[mrtg] Re: How to show bandwidth utilization by different hosts?

Jeromme_Lawler at crosstimbers.com Jeromme_Lawler at crosstimbers.com
Tue May 29 23:12:06 MEST 2001

John,

If you want to get per user statistics, you will need to look at snmp data from
either the individual network adapters or the individual switch ports these
devices are plugged in to.  (This will give you WAN & LAN data though).

If you look at the snmp data from your WAN interface you can see aggregate
throughput, but not per user.

Otherwise, I think you need to get a sniffer that can export data to graphs.
You can filter by MAC address or IP address with a sniffer.  The Agilent
Internet Advisor with the Internet Reporter software does a good job.

Jeromme Lawler
Network Operations Analyst
XTO Energy (Cross Timbers Oil Company)

Hi,

There is a small network connected with a router to other place. I am
finding a way to show how much WAN bandwidth every user is consuming and
want to get a page like MRTG. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

John