[mrtg] MRTG on Win2K _without_ pop-ups?

Daniel J. Phelps dphelps at sitetrends.com
Wed May 30 14:31:34 MEST 2001

I'm a new subscriber to the mailing list. I haven't been able to find the
answer to this question elsewhere, so I figured I might as well ask!

We're running MRTG on a Windows 2000 Server machine in the office. It's
monitoring a number of things around the office and our data center, and
seems to work quite well. The only thing I'd love to do is find a way to
keep Windows from spawning a (DOS - rateup) window for every item MRTG is
testing. The windows open and close very rapidly, but it makes the
particular computer unusable for a little less than a minute every time MRTG
tests. (That'd be every 5 minutes.) Anybody know how this can be done? This
would be very useful, since we also have it set up at a client's site, and
the same behavior is a little disturbing to anyone watching the screen or
using the server in question when it kicks off.

Thanks!

Dan Phelps