[mrtg] Re: I changed my gateway

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Nov 2 11:59:47 MET 2001

Yes, you need to re-run cfgmaker.  If you don't want to lose the history, after running cfgmaker, rename your old data to the new target names and off you go.
Just try to match up serial to serial and ethernet to ethernet.  It does not matter if your old ethernetnet and new ethernet are the same, just that they are close (eth -> fast eth).  Same goes for Serial.  If you got more bandwidth (went from 128 to 512 or something), MRTG does not care.

Paul

>>> "Sunil S" <sunil.subash at teledata.mz> 11/02/01 05:23 AM >>>
Hello, can anyone help me? My mrtg (2.9.17) running under NT, stopped monitoring the Link, because I changed my gateway cisco 2600 to a Cisco3600.

Do I need to reconfigure again?

I am new on this, I have checked the IPs and communities and all seems ok..

Thanks in adavance.

Sunil