[mrtg] Re: Per run numbers

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Nov 6 14:25:56 MET 2001

The first line has the actual time and value of the last
time the values were read.  The .old file has the same
information, but for the previous run.  So if the collections
were exactly 300 seconds apart, the timestamps should
be 300 seconds apart.  You should only need the first
line of the .log file.

Paul

>>> Tuc <tuc at ttsg.com> 11/05/01 08:20PM >>>

Hi,

	We are trying to write a program that'll make decisions on each run
of MRTG.

	The problem we are having is there is no place (We know of, doesn't
mean there isn't) that we can get the results of the LAST poll. We can read
the .log file, but it doesn't have the current, just average and maximum.

	The logthresh isn't guaranteed to run, since we actually need it to
do "Logthreshing", so fudging it to 0 isn't possible.

	Looking for suggestions...

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.