[mrtg] Re: ovmrtg graph problem

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Nov 9 12:21:40 MET 2001

Do you have either unknaszero or gauge or absolute in the config?  It looks like the device may not have responded to one polling cycle.  I'm guessing you mean MRTG, since I have no idea what ovmrtg is.

Then again, it sounds like you set up MRTG on another machine after this dip occurred, so you have really no valid comparison.  It could be that the device traffic really did drop to zero, since it was only 160 bytes.  Nothing much to write home about...  Link could have dropped, something like that.  Were you watching the device this was connected to at the same time to see what traffic was going to/from that device?

Paul

>>> Prasad G V <prasadgv at india.hp.com> 11/09/01 04:26 AM >>>
Hello,

I have ovmrtg working with NNM6.1 on solaris. The problem is there is a
dip in the
graph(at 9:00pm) for all the ports of routers and switches as in
attachment!! To verify this, i setup mrtg on another box temporarily,
but then the graphs generated by mrtg does not have a dip.
There is no CPU intensive job scheduled at this time on the NNM server..

Why is this dip in graph happening with ovmrtg??
-regards
vp

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 2k (2201 bytes)