[mrtg] Re: grab system.sysDescr.0

David Sawyer david.sawyer at uk.mckhboc.com
Fri Nov 9 16:07:44 MET 2001

I think MRTG can only graph positive whole numbers.

Also, MRTG (and RRDTool) can't grab part of the returned string.

If you really want to do it, you will need to use a Perl script to query the
device and search within the returned string for the version number, not an
easy task.

Or maybe someone on the list can supply you with an alternative software
package that can do this.

Thanks

David Sawyer

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you
must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.
Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.