[mrtg] Re: MRTG logging to a database

Daniel Parsons daniel.parsons at imlnetwork.com
Mon Nov 12 07:11:11 MET 2001

I have been asked to find a front end that will do SNMP queries on
routers and log to an database that can be accessed via ODBC (for
crystal reports).

We are already using RRDtool for doing traffic analysis (and I thik it
is fabulous) but the OID data that we want to collect now needs to be
kept indefinitely (maybe as much as 3 or 4 years worth) for long term
trends. The boss is worried about using RRDs because they aggregate the
data over time and lose the precise figures.

I wanted to use mrtg because of the features of cfgmaker and so forth.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

D.