[mrtg] Log file Values

Michael.Gorman at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Gorman at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Nov 20 15:04:38 MET 2001

Can someone help me out?  I am trying to parse the log files for the maximum
in and out values for a daily report.  I don't understand how some of the
values get to what they are.  The FAQ says that the 4th column is a maximum
rate for the current interval, calculated from all the updates, but  I can't
figure out this piece of log:

1006264366 2517141484 4251783554
1006264366 170196 60826 170196 60826
1006264066 29487 65827 29487 65827
1006263900 29994 58029 30404 65827
1006263600 46575 68268 59630 81615
1006263300 43951 70613 59630 81615
1006263000 37245 57237 42049 61733
1006262700 111731 60610 167982 66262
1006262400 91091 63946 167982 66262
                        ^^^^^  Where did this number come from?
				It doesn't exist previously in the logs, nor
is
				it the current rate.
1006262100 30639 61013 31944 62078
1006261800 31445 54633 31944 60154
1006261500 32301 54351 33317 57721
1006261200 33610 61203 33847 64014
1006260900 102686 58651 158255 64014
1006260600 90946 49681 158255 54322
1006260300 38525 43876 40069 45936

Is the maximum derived from the router interface differently than the
average?

Also, what is the "current interval" for the maximums?  Is it the update
timer (300 seconds) or is it something else?

Thanx.

Mike Gorman
Data Engineer
Carolina Region