[mrtg] Re: mrtg rh7.2

Dave Williams dave_williams at eli.net
Wed Nov 21 18:38:49 MET 2001

Perhaps you need to add entries to your SNMPD configuration file in
/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf.  Initially this file is configured to only allow
SYSTEM level information (Location, Contact, Name, etc.).  If you want
to track disk utilization etc you must configure more entries in this
file.  Somewhere there should be a post in this message group about
configuring SNMPD on Unix hosts.  The SNMP Daemon actually needs to know
what statistics it should keep (this is the purpose of the conf file).
The mibs (I believe) help to document what the various value
possibilities are, and don't really need to be loaded for the SNMPD
Daemon to collect statistics.  Hope this helps, maybe someone else wants
to jump in here and set us both straight.