[mrtg] Re: MRTG time does not change

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Nov 21 20:16:23 MET 2001

Is MRTG running in Daemon mode or do you have it
running from Cron?  Sounds like you ran it once and thought
it would keep running.  Unless RunAsDaemon is set to yes,
you need to run it every 5 minutes.

Paul

>>> shawn xu <shawnxu2000 at yahoo.com> 11/21/01 01:54PM >>>

I followed Tobias Oetiker's UNIX guide to install MRTG
into a RedHat Linux 7.1 machine.

I got x-y frames, but no graphs, because MRTG x-axis
time doesn't change. It says the default time is 5
minutes, and my web page does refreshing every 5
minutes, but x-axis time does not go, and always says:

The statistics were last updated Wednesday, 21
November 2001 at 12:46

which is the time when I run

/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg

My Linux machine system time is working fine, I
checked.

What is the problem? where should I check? and how to
fix? Please help!

Many thanks!

Shawn Xu