[mrtg] Re: Cisco VLAN Question

Harris harris at nvnet.org
Thu Nov 22 04:36:07 MET 2001

After reading your response, I did a little more digging. I am running the
6506 in native mode. The switch side has a config that attaches the
physical ports to a VLAN and the layer-3 side routes the VLANS. I feel
that there should be a MIB or OID that "gets" the information I need. If I
run the "show interfaces vlan <number>" command it kicks out the actual 5
minute in/out  rate in bits/sec. Also, if I run "show interfaces vlan
<number> stat" I get the total number of bytes that are processed through
that VLAN interface. Maybe I need to tie a script to reset this counter
after its read by mrtg? I could avoid that if I can find the OIDs that
gets the VLAN 5 minute in/out sample, but as of right now, I can not
locate it.

George Harris
Network Engineer
Northern Valley Regional High School