[mrtg] Re: non-integer values

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Nov 26 14:54:44 MET 2001

What is the value?  Something like .43 for 43 percent?  So
then just multiply the resulting value by 100 to get an integer.

MRTG doesn't do non-integers.  RRDTool does.  If you must
have it in non-integer format, just switch.  Seems much easier
jst multiply by 100 though.

Paul

>>> <thomas.emde at scaleon.de> 11/26/01 12:06AM >>>

Hi,

I use mrtg to call an external program which should deliver the cpu percentage
of a certain system. the routine
prints as a first line the desired value and as a second line the number "0".
Now I get an error from mrtg that it
would expect an integer value as "in". How do I tell mrtg to expect a
non-integer value?

Thank you for your help!

regards,
Thomas