[mrtg] win2k cpu

DiNisco, Jeff Jeff.DiNisco at unistudios.com
Tue Nov 27 19:40:37 MET 2001

I'm trying to monitor total cpu utilization on a dual processor win2k
server.  I'm running mrtg on Solaris.  When I run getif on the win2k box
itself, it displays three instances for cpuPercentProcessorTime...

cpuPercentProcessorTime.1.48, cpuPercentProcessorTime.1.49, and
cpuPercentProcessorTime.6.95.84.111.116.97.108

I beleive 1.48 is processor-0,1.49 is processor-1, and
6.95.84.111.116.97.108 - returns a value that looks like an average over
time.  I'm trying to get real time utilization for both processors.  I can
acomplish this in NT using ntsystemPercentTotalProcessorTime, but this
instance returns no value for 2k.  Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks,

Jeff DiNisco
Vivendi/Universal Studios
818.777.5765