[mrtg] Tweaking the Title attribute

glc57 at columbia.edu glc57 at columbia.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:31:47 MET 2001

     It appears to me that whatever is in the configuration file next
to the title attribute appears at the top of the each graph.  Please
correct me if that is wrong.  I assume there are ways to tweak the
titles of the graphs in the indexmaker as well as with cfgmaker.  My
question is this-  I would like to use the port names of my Cajun
Switch as part of the description for each graph,  appended to the
description of each graph is what appears to me to be name of the
system, I would like the name of the port to be at the top of each
graph in the place of the system name.
     For example when I run the cfgmaker with a command line using --
ifref=name --ifdesc=alias I get graphs with the title "Module 4, Port
1-- P882 Ibaeta".  I need for it to say somewhere in the description,
preferably in the place of P882 Ibaeta, which it says for all graphs,
the port name "ss-y-sf".  The port name attribute is declared in the
initial configuration file for the machine with the command: "set
port name 4/1 "ss-y-sf".  In a perfect world my graphs would then
say "Module 4, Port 1 -- ss-y-sf".  Is that possible without editing
everything manually in the index file?
     I am assuming that mrtg can use SNMP to inquire for the port
names and then include that in the config file and I just don´t know
the proper command.  Please enlighten me!

-Thank You!-

Gabriel Cohan
Universidad del Pais Vasco
Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea