[mrtg] New to MRTG

Troy Arnold Tarnold at norwood.com
Fri Nov 30 14:02:55 MET 2001

Hello all couple questions as I an new to MRTG:

Iam running MRTG on RH Linux and have gotten the basics to work.  I am
trying to understand how to use the variable Interface by name.  I dont
quite seem to get the prefix in the examples that I have.

[target[xyz]: \My -Interface2:public at 10.10.100.1

the goal of what Iam trying to do is on each of the HTML pages that I
generate for each interface I want only the IP of that interface and the
description to be outputted.  I cant quite seem to figure out how to do this
or even of the abouve example will yield the desired results.  If I use
cfgmaker it outputs all fields to the HTML page ( the name, the desc, ip,
ether, type) however I dont want all of the fields.  When I write my own cfg
file ( which is the way I would like to do it anyway ) I cant seem to quite
figure out the right name ti stick in my config

Thanks for the help in advance

Troy