[mrtg] value 4294967295

Edgardo Mina edgardo at staff.singnet.com.sg
Mon Oct 1 06:00:14 MEST 2001

Hi MRTG gurus,

I have this problem that I always encounter this value 4294967295. Is this
the maximum Hexa value that a 32-bit system can handle, I am running an
external script, which do some computations on the counter that MRTG poll.
I noticed that when I get a negative value from the logfile this value
(4294967295) appears on my script. Also when the BW was set to 10000000 on
the router I get the max speed of  4294967295, same with the loopback
interface, why is this so.

Pleased enlighten me. Hoping from someone to reply soon.

Thanks and Regards,
Edgardo