[mrtg] General Question-Redhat linux 7.0, MRTG and libpng errors.....

Chuck Harpham charpham at symantec.com
Fri Oct 5 19:23:45 MEST 2001

Hi

I am running into some problems when I execute mrtg to generate some graphs
from a router. I downloaded all the essental elements (mrtg, gd, libpng and
zlib, ) I compiled all these elements successfully and when I run mrtg I
get the following error message for each router interface:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.8
libpng warning: Application  is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.0
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'router_interface.com_7'

I am rather new to linux/unix and it looks like I have some kind of
incompatlbility.. but I am not sure where to look...  Can someone help me
point me in the right directon to solve this problem... I am running Redhat
linux 7.0