[mrtg] MRTG not saving history of plot in .log files

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Oct 5 23:50:11 MEST 2001

Hi,
I'm trying to plot the sendmail traffic using mailstats(8)

The problem is that the .log file, always look like:
1002189578 200 10
1002189578 0 0 0 0
1002189516 0 0 0 0
1002189300 0 0 0 0
1002189000 0 0 0 0
1002188700 0 0 0 0
1002188400 0 0 0 0
1002188100 0 0 0 0
1002187800 0 0 0 0
1002187500 0 0 0 0

I try letting crond executing mrtg for days with the same result.

Here is my config:
WorkDir: /var/www/html/intranet/status/mrtg
Options[_]: growright, integer
Language: spanish

# sendmail internet messages in/out
Target[sendmail_inet]: `/etc/mrtg/test.sh`
AbsMax[sendmail_inet]: 5000
MaxBytes[sendmail_inet]: 10
Title[sendmail_inet]: sendmail email internet
PageTop[sendmail_inet]: <H1>Sendmail: trafico de emails a/de Internet</H1>
ShortLegend[sendmail_inet]: emails
YLegend[sendmail_inet]: emails
Options[sendmail_inet]: growright

The script in the target contains:
#!/bin/sh
echo "200"
echo "10"
echo "5 days"
echo "your.host.com"
exit 0

Before this, I was using the 'gauge' option but what not what
I intended. While using the gauge option, the .log file get
filled as spected.

What could me wrong?

Thanks
Oliver