[mrtg] Re: Off Topic - Cisco T1 Question

bwoodcoc bwoodcoc at genuity.com
Thu Oct 11 16:31:11 MEST 2001

Jim,

193 kBytes per second * 8 equals 1544 kBits per second.......That's a T1.
Also note the speed is usually set by default to be T1 as you see here for
Serial links. However it does not actually read the clock on the link (last
I knew anyway). You need to know the actual speed and set it with the
"bandwidth" command on the router for links other than T1 yourself.

cheers,
brad...