[mrtg] Port-channel subinterfaces on Catalyst 4232-L3 blade?

Shawn Barnhart swb at cmenoc.campbell-mithun.com
Mon Oct 15 15:35:24 MEST 2001

We have a Catalyst 4006 with a 4232-L3 blade.  Since the 4232 blade can only
see five ports, two gig ports on the front and two connected to the switch
fabric and a single 10/100 on the front, you have to use the internal gig
ports as VLAN trunks.  This leads to routing off of dot1q tagged
sub-interfaces of the gigabit etherchannel (eg, port-channel1.100, etc).

Trouble is, I don't see a snmp interface entry for these sub-interfaces,
unlike serial interfaces with per-PVC subinterfaces.  I see the gig
etherchannel, but not the VLAN subinterfaces.

It's not enough to query the management card on the 4006 for per-port stats,
I'd like to be able to see how much traffic is passing through the
individual router interfaces.

Is there a secret Cisco OID for them or am I just SOL?