[mrtg] Re: Log file names - argh..

John Jackson j.jackson at umassp.edu
Fri Oct 19 17:13:16 MEST 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Brady, Jeff wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I have the same problem here, the router guy here is constantly changing
> router model, interface numbers, etc on me.

Well, one thing that may offer you/us some hope on that particular twist
is that I have been starting to see a new option in some of the
in-development code trains of Cisco's IOS that indicates you can get the
router to not ever change the relative interface snmp index numbers.  I
haven't experimented with that feature yet but when I noticed it I thought
immediately of exactly what you just pointed out.

-John