[mrtg] Jagged graphs above 500M/sec

Nick J. nick23423 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:47:22 MEST 2001

Hello,

I have a MRTG graph set up to monitor aggregate usage of approximately 20
high speed links (Mostly OC3's). Once the graph gets above 500M/sec, it gets
very jagged and graphs some strange things. Once it drops below 500M/sec, it
returns to normal again. I remember reading something once about problems
with "integer wrapping". Is this what I'm seeing here? Is there any way
around this? My cronjob is set to run every minute, on the advice of someone
else to try and avoid the integer wrapping problem, and to try and keep
accurate graphs, due to the amount of traffic being graphed. I've searched
the mailing list archives with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Nick