[mrtg] AW: problem timing mrtg

Matthias Wendig matthias.wendig at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 11:17:37 MEST 2001

Hello,

  have you specified your snmp - timeouts etc. in case
one of your switches won't be available?
-> use something like this in your config:
	SnmpOptions: retries => 2 ,timeout => 1

 have specified a large number of forks processes?? since
you are using linux it would work with fork processes.
-> somethine out from the mrtg configuration guide:
#Forks (UNIX only)
#
#An a system that can fork (UNIX for example) mrtg can fork itself into
multiple instances while it is acquiring data via snmp.#
#For situations with high latency or a great number of devices this will
speed things up considerably. It will not make things faster though if you
query a single switch sitting next door.
#As far as I know NT can not fork so this option is not available on NT.

#Example:

Forks: 4

so try this, if you haven't tried this already - please inform
me about the result if it helps because I have to setup a similar
environment soon ;-))

viele gruesse aus Metzingen !!!! ;-)))

best regards,

matthias wendig