[mrtg] MaxBytes

WEYMIENS Bruno FTRD/DMI/SOP bruno.weymiens at rd.francetelecom.com
Mon Sep 3 15:11:46 MEST 2001

Hi everyone,

I must have misundrstood the MaxBytes option, bacause smthg's going wrong
with it !
I have :

Options[Dns_ftrd_ns31rd_ft_fr]: growright, gauge, nopercent
Target[Dns_ftrd_ns31rd_ft_fr]: OID&OID:public at a.b.c.d * 10
MaxBytes[Dns_ftrd_ns31rd_ft_fr]: 2000

I understood in the doc that "If a number higher than MaxBytes is returned,
it is ignored", but the graph goes on showing values greater than MaxBytes
(cf graph below).

so I someone can explain to me which error I did...
is it because the value is multiplied by 10 (ie in the MIB, the value is 256
< 2000, then multiplied by 10 = 2560 > 2000) ?

regards,

bruno

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 1k (1706 bytes)