[mrtg] Re: Off topic, Big Brother...

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Sep 7 03:59:53 MEST 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Chad Markley wrote:

> A friend turned me on to Big Brother yesterday. The program looks really
> cool and useful. I wanted to see if you all thought it was worth
> implementing or if I should use a program such as NetSaint. From what I can
> tell, Big Brother provides some useful functionality but it doesn't support
> SNMP.
>
> Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Whoever told you that does not know what they are talking about. BB
Has support built in for snmp and a whole host of other things but
even if it does not have support built in it for what you want it will i
support anything you can write a script or for that matter program to monitor.

Suggest you subscribe to the bb users list and do some reading @ www.bb4.com.
It is an EXCELLENT product and for the most part FREE. It will also
intigrate very nicely with mrtg.

HTH,

--
......Tom		BLAME: The Secret To Success is Knowing who
tdiehl at rogueind.com	to Blame for Your Failures.