[mrtg] Incorrect Data

Carmen Haney CarmenH at PromatchInc.com
Mon Sep 17 16:42:59 MEST 2001

Hey there.  We have the MRTG without any special bells and whistles running
on an NT 4 sp6 machine on our network that is monitoring our router's
traffic.  So far, it is showing the amount of traffic that we would expect.
However, considering the nature of our application, it seems as though the
out should be much higher than the in.  Let me explain further.  With our
application, we have a few thousand users that are updating to our servers.
A few of these users add a little information to the system and upload it to
us.  Then, all of the users are able to download all of the changes made
during the day.  So, our out should be greater than our in.  The graph isn't
showing this.  It seems to be the reverse of what we would expect.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Carmen

-- Type: text/html