[mrtg] Re: ATM

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Wed Sep 19 00:08:18 MEST 2001

I spent many an hour working on our ATM reporting.

What device are you querying?

the router, or an ATM switch?

If it is an ATM switch, things can get VERY complicated, but it is doable. Let me know
if you are querying a switch, and I should be able to send you step-by-step instructions
for ATM stuff.

Keep in mind that, to get octets from cells, you need to multiply by 53

here is part of my atm cfg:

Target[lnng1c2]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.326.2.2.2.1.2.2.1.12.17&1.3.6.1.4.1.326.2.2.2.1.2.2.1.18.17:string at fore.switch * 53
MaxBytes[lnng1c2]: 5625000
Title[lnng1c2]: Switch port 1C2 (255.255.255.255): 1C2
PageTop[lnng1c2]: Traffic Analysis for 1C2
Options[lnng1c2]: bits

If it is a router, it should be straightforward, just like any other interface.

beto at 007mundo.com extolled:

> Hello everybody
>
> I'm a new user of MRTG and I'm having problems to configure ATM circuits. According to our networks guys, the values shown on MRTG are not the real ones. I would like to know if someone out there have configure ATM circuits and if it's possible to send an example.
>
>   Thank you very much
>
>   Alberto Peña Diaz
>   Webmaster ISP ETB
>   Bogota - Colombia