[mrtg] operations on OIDs

WEYMIENS Bruno FTRD/DMI/SOP bruno.weymiens at rd.francetelecom.com
Wed Sep 19 10:28:49 MEST 2001

Hello,

I'd like to do mathematical operations on OIDs.
I looked atthe reference manual which says :
"Target[ezwf]: 2:public at wellfleetA + 1:public at wellfleetA * 4:public at ciscoF",
then the OutBytes are the result of 2...+1...*4..., and the InBytes are the
result of 2...+1...*4...

It's not what I'd like to graph.

I'd like to do indeed smthg little different :
- I'd like the blue line to graph a OID (OID1)
- and the green line to graph the addition of different OIDs (OID2 + OID3 +
OID4 + OID5)

any idea how to do that ?

When I write smthg like "Target[ezwf]: OID1&OID1:public at IP +
OID2&OID2:public at IP", then I have the blue line and the green line graphing
the same results, which is not what I'd like to have.

I thought about writing "Target[ezwf]: OID1&OID2:public at IP +
0(zero)&OID3:public at IP + 0&OID4:public at IP + ..."
What do you think about it ?

thanks in advance

bruno