[mrtg] Re: Admin Interface for Config Files?

Ted Warthers t409409 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 00:36:55 MEST 2001

Hi,

I've written something similar for routers but doubt I can
give away since this was a custom front end for a client. I'll
ask the client. You can add a customer or a router and go back and
edit later. Includes contact,email, customer information.
There is a validation mechanism to poll all interfaces and
routers to be sure they are reachable.  You get a nice little
check box next to each router and interface if it  responds
to an echo request. All my code is in cgi.pm and a dbi
interface to sql server/mysql would be very easy to add since
I write a lot of code with dbd/dbi. Maybe 5 lines of code to
change to a database.   We use CGI.pm file handles as a data-
store. Makes it very easy to write,load, and save forms.  There
are about 10 options to the application..mainly written as a
front end to so nt people never see the unix box. Just a
web front end to all the customers and mrtg.

Custom OIDs would be a nice feature.

TW