[mrtg] Re: MRTG methodology

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Thu Sep 27 19:11:04 MEST 2001

Hi Tyler,
Welcome to the mrtg list.

The 'clear counters' question is an interesting one.  Here's my post from a
few months ago on the subject:
http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg08966.html
Here's the official explanation from Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/5.html#Q5 (that whole doc is
pretty useful actually)

As for how mrtg does its data calculation...I'm pretty sure Alex explained
this in the FAQ (http://faq.mrtg.org/) but I'm getting a 'server down'
message from the FAQ right now.

HTH

-gabrielle
"Five out of four people have a problem with math."