[mrtg] Re: MRTG methodology

Dana Hudes dhudes at hudes.org
Fri Sep 28 15:06:15 MEST 2001

mrtg uses snmp
I posted the relevant RFC#s to the list within the last few days.

as to the 2nd question, if you clear the counters then that will certainly drive the
curve down just as a rollover within the sample interval would.

btw 5 minutes is an awful lot of polling. consider whether you can live with
less fine-grain information. I run now at 15 minutes monitoring an E1, but if you have a T3 that would
not be a good idea.