[mrtg] Cisco Vlans Commented Out HELP!

James Amann jamann at gsu.edu
Fri Sep 28 15:58:39 MEST 2001

All,

I (like many others) have searched and searched for the answer to the following questions:

Why does MRTG 2.9.17 cfgmaker comment out Cisco Vlans?

Is there a work around?

If I remove the comments will the statistics be accurate?

I have attempted two cfgmaker statements listed below against cisco 6509 switches and everthing is getting commented out.

perl cfgmaker snmpread at somedevice --global "WorkDir: d:\mrtg\xxx\devices" --output d:\mrtg\xxx\devices\somedevice.cfg

perl cfgmaker --no-down --show-op-down snmpread at somedevice  --global "WorkDir: d:\mrtg\xxx\devices" --output d:\mrtg\xxx\devices\somedevice.cfg

All help anyone (Tobias or David are you there?) can provide would be appreciated.

I will also send anyone who assists a cute set of scripts that will ask you for the ip, hostname, and snmp string, and description for a device and provide the directory structure to store cfg and html files, creates the index page AND it adds your device to a main index with the description that is linked to all of your newly created mrtg index pages.

Thanks Again,

James McGovern Amann
Network Technician Lead
UCCS / Network Planning